1) new & good - getting your students to have a dialogue about what is new and good in their lives or what they learned in that particular unit that was cool. I like to have regular classroom meetings where students can give me feedback on how they are learning and what activities are working or not working.
2) Some of our new & goods: charades, Stu,Pu,Hu, Decide Which Side, bead bracelets, and alphabet activities. I loved them all! I wish I could make myself a bead bracelet to remind myself of all the things I need to do in a day!
3) Figure it out: It was fun trying to figure out new review games for the clip art on the table. There were some great ideas for the red tickets! I think I will try some tomorrow. Also, the beach ball ideas of whichever color your thumb lands on dictates what color activity or question you do is really creative. The badminton birdie toss is something I like to try to get them out of their seats and when you allow them to create the games and determine what information is useful and needed, you use higher ordered thinking. Finally, the cell phone idea was for www.zoho.com where you can take an online timed quiz. Check out my world history website under quizzes in the Assignments tab if you want to see an example! www.worldhistoryde.weebly.com. We also learned about the buzzer app that students can buzz in with during a review game. (Bang! Buzzer app) I always let them use kazoos but it can be kindof crazy!
4) Splat - an awesome game using fly swatters on the dry erase board. That was super fun! I loved seeing the competitive side of teachers come out! I know it would be that much more fun with students who are SUPER competitive. Such an awesome idea!
5) Rocky Road - it was nice to be able to talk about what frustrated me the first week and get positive feedback from my group members.
I love professional development! I always learn so much from other teachers and am encouraged to always do my best in everything. Thanks guys!